192: Bringing Our Whole Selves with Siobhán Cronin
July 22nd, 2020 · 50 mins 44 secs
About this Episode
02:36 - Siobhán’s Superpower: Catalyzing Personal and Community Change
04:19 - Managing Change During COVID-19
- Experiencing Joy While Grieving
- Bringing Your Whole Self to Work (a boundary being stretched like never before)
- Working From Home: Ranges of Experiences and Comfort-Levels
13:51 - Pros and Cons of Bringing Your Whole/Full Self to Work
- Building Affinity & Care
- Interfacing with Capitalism
- Painpoints as Learning Opportunities
- Having Boundaries
- Building Inclusive Communities and Workspaces
- Extending Grace and Care
34:08 - People Have to Do Work on Themselves
“You’re not categorically a good person.” – Siobhán
- Check Yourself: Look at Yourself Honestly
- Psychological Safety
John: How can we inculcate more caring into corporate environments?
Jerome: Being more fearless; acknowledging consequences but not letting them stop us.
Jacob: Being more visible.
Siobhán: Building on each other’s ideas during the call and showing care while showing up.
This episode was brought to you by @therubyrep of DevReps, LLC. To pledge your support and to join our awesome Slack community, visit patreon.com/greaterthancode
To make a one-time donation so that we can continue to bring you more content and transcripts like this, please do so at paypal.me/devreps. You will also get an invitation to our Slack community this way as well.Support Greater Than Code