01:53 - Jamison’s Superpower: Moving swiftly between layers.
03:59 - Being An Engineering Manager
- Context Switching
- Career Advancement as an Engineer
- Title Inflation
- Providing Team Members with Growth Opportunities
- Psychological Safety
- Challenging People with Goals
- Comradery via Video Conferencing
- Latent Learning
23:44 - Starting the Soft Skills Engineering Podcast
- Engaging with People of All Backgrounds All Over The World
- The Emphasis of Soft Skills
35:42 - The Evolution of Tech Culture and Bootcamp Practices
39:54 - Conference Organization
- Balancing Technical and Interpersonal Talks
- Making Connections and Friendships
- Encouraging Speaker Choice
Jamison: Zone of Proximal Development.
To make a one-time donation so that we can continue to bring you more content and transcripts like this, please do so at paypal.me/devreps. You will also get an invitation to our Slack community this way as well.
Amazon links may be affiliate links, which means you’re supporting the show when you purchase our recommendations. Thanks!Support Greater Than Code
Hi friends!…that’s what Scott Hanselman says whenever he starts a talk or a podcast. He’s done over 650 episodes of his Hanselminutes podcast that he calls “Fresh Air for Developers.” It’s a tight 30 min technology chat show that shares the same values that we do here at Greater than Code. There’s a HUGE library of guests for you to catch up on and a new high quality show every Thursday afternoon with a fresh face you may not have seen on other shows!